Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spring Is Coming!

Spring is coming!  Well, at least I think it is coming.  It has been cold here lately, but so bright and sunny every day.  With gorgeous weather like this, I have no clue how anyone could be miserable.  How can you not smile and enjoy your day when the sun shines so hard through your windows that you can even let the wood stove go out.  

The temperatures have been around -30C at night and up into the teens during the day.  But by this weekend, it looks like we might see highs of -2C!  Absolutely perfect spring weather. 

I am rather eager for spring to arrive; my to-do list for spring is getting mighty long.  I am looking forward to another summer of gardening (we are still enjoying canning and veggies from the freezer thanks to my garden last year) and also my first try at backyard chickens!  It looks like by-laws are in the process of being changed here in Faro to allow for residents to raise a few hens.  Yippeee!  Matt and I have been looking at ideas for making a little insulated and heated chicken coop for the backyard.  It is going to be a fun undertaking!

And then there is another season of camping!  And quadding!  And fishing!  And hiking!  It is going to be another stellar summer. 

But first, I get to enjoy another Yukon spring.  Our 7th Yukon spring.  It just keeps getting better.

Dreaming of a little birdie supper.

Ice fishing!

Cavan was not impressed that we hadn't caught a fish yet... it had been about 5 minutes since putting our lines in.

Bliss!  Hot tea, a bucket seat, a fire, and being outside.



3 comments:

Megan said...

As much as I love summer, spring was my favourite season in Inuvik. There is just something about that light coming back and those beautiful bright days with blue sky and all that snow and then those incredible late sunsets. Also those days where it's still cold but you can feel the warmth of the sun when you're out of the wind... <3
Thinking of spring in Inuvik makes me homesick!

Tara Borin said...

It's been beautiful here, too! I am so excited to get out in the garden. Keeping chickens, what an adventure! I bet the boys will love it. :)

Dawn said...

I think today is the last of the -20C here, and it breaks tomorrow with a week of highs above freezing, and a teaser above single digits in the week ahead. I'm skeptical, but excited!