Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fun Times with Kennie

On Thursday we headed into Whitehorse to pick up our favorite Arctic Nerd Girl! (Thanks for the new term Megan!)

Well Kennie is just as entertaining in person as she is on her blog. We helped her do some last minute running around in Whitehorse and now we have her here in Faro. I don't think we are going to let her move to Ross River. Hunter is in love with her and now yells, "KEN" at the top of his lungs whenever he cannot see her.

Of course we introduced Kennie to the all important cinnamon bun as big as your head in Braeburn:


Next, Kennie got to partake in her first Fire Side Chat where she won a fishing flies and a wooden moose! The next day we all went to the Faro Fireweed Festival. She took some awesome pictures of Hunter playing on the firetruck. She won a prize at the festival too!




How flippin' cute are my guys! My husband, Mr. Sarcastic, is wearing a shirt that says, "I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter." I believe this is his favorite shirt!



Cavan got his face painted at the festival. He wasn't half as impressed as everyone else was with it!


Here is Hunter yelling at Kennie who was parked next to our truck. I am pretty sure he was saying, "Where did you learn how to drive??? Go faster next time, okay."
He will not leave poor Kennie alone! I think he is going to be pretty disappointed when we take her to Ross. Her she is reading another book to him:

4 comments:

Sarah N said...

What's she going to be doing in Ross?

Kennie said...

I'm gonna be teaching grade 5/6 ... apparently I am in for a "fun time" as many have told me on my journey here.

Tina said...

I'm jealous!

Megan said...

Love the cinnamon bun. I want one of those!